New Lesson Manuals: Weekend PollBy: wheatmeister
2013 has seen the launch of new lesson manuals for the youth: YW, YM and Sunday School. People have long been requesting that the youth manuals be updated. But there has also been criticism that the YW manuals are all written passively in comparison to YM, to reinforce sexual stereotypes. The manuals are also much more flexible for teachers. For Sunday School, there are 5 lessons to choose from for the month of January, and the lesson plans are very open.
What do you think of the new youth curriculum? (choose up to 2)
- A huge improvement, long overdue. (60%, 26 Votes)
- They foster more application and discussion and less dogmatic lecture. (44%, 19 Votes)
- Much better coordinated than before. The lessons will be more coherent and themed. Kids will be able to really dig in and learn the gospel. (21%, 9 Votes)
- More sexist claptrap promoting early marriage and male superiority. (16%, 7 Votes)
- The lessons leave too much to the teacher's discretion and will result in repeated lessons and teacher's inserting their own views. (16%, 7 Votes)
- Finally - equality for YW and YM in the lessons, encouraging spiritual growth for both sexes using equal materials. (7%, 3 Votes)
Total Voters: 43
If you have taught using the new manuals, what do you think? If you have kids being taught by the new manuals, what do they think? Discuss.