The Church’s Little Black Book: Weekend PollBy: wheatmeister
Have you ever received a call to buy insurance from someone who could only have gotten your information from the ward directory? Been asked on a date by someone you don’t really know personally but have seen at church?
Members are asked to use the ward directory only on ward business. How have you used this little gold mine of personal contact information?
What have you used the ward directory for? (choose all that apply)
- To remember the name of someone I can only remember as "Bro." or "Sis." (74%, 53 Votes)
- Only for official church business - callings and contacting people for church activities or HT/VT appointments. (71%, 51 Votes)
- To figure out who someone's spouse is. (57%, 41 Votes)
- To figure out how old people are. (29%, 21 Votes)
- To set up play dates. (24%, 17 Votes)
- Our ward keeps a website or FB group that can be used for personal things. (15%, 11 Votes)
- To ask someone on a date. (13%, 9 Votes)
- To find a dentist or doctor or contractor - as a customer. (7%, 5 Votes)
- To invite people to a "party" for Mary Kay, Avon, Pampered Chef or Stamp It Up. (1%, 1 Votes)
- To invite people to a yard sale or otherwise sell personal belongings. (1%, 1 Votes)
- To canvas support for causes. (0%, 0 Votes)
- To inform people of an exciting business opportunity. (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 72
How have you seen others use it? Do you restrict what personal information you include as a result?