Lead Me, Guide Me, Text Beside Me: Weekend PollBy: wheatmeister
How should leaders contact the youth? Through any means necessary? Are parents overprotective or rightly cautious in their desire to protect their kids from personal contact with leaders? Should we get with the times and use technology to perform our callings?
What are appropriate ways to contact the youth? (choose all that apply)
- Phone (78%, 58 Votes)
- Email (74%, 55 Votes)
- Texting (65%, 48 Votes)
- Creating a FB group for the YM or YW (65%, 48 Votes)
- The method doesn't matter, just the intent and content. Leaders should know how to be appropriate with teens. (54%, 40 Votes)
- Parents should always be copied on all messages. (43%, 32 Votes)
- FB messages (39%, 29 Votes)
- Leaders accepting friend requests initiated by the YM or YW. (38%, 28 Votes)
- Friend requests from the leader to the young man or woman. (22%, 16 Votes)
- IM conversations (22%, 16 Votes)
- All messages should go through parents. (12%, 9 Votes)
Total Voters: 74
Would your answer differ from how you think adults should contact each other? Discuss.