Try it – you’ll like it! If we aren’t moving forward, we’re moving backward.
Don’t fix it if it ain’t broke. Don’t throw out the baby with the bathwater.
People like stability, but also crave variety. We like to drive change, but we don’t like when changes happen to us. We want to be in front of the curve, not behind the eight ball. With change, whether we like it or not is often a matter of timing as well as personal preference.
What changes would you welcome in the church in the next 1-2 years? (choose all that apply)
- Opening clerk callings and SS presidency callings to women. (80%, 90 Votes)
- Manuals are re-written to provide deeper doctrinal discussions and to focus on spiritual growth, not just rote indoctrination. (73%, 82 Votes)
- Making mission age and length the same for both men and women. (70%, 78 Votes)
- Beards will be allowed among leadership, temple workers and BYU students, but not missionaries. (69%, 77 Votes)
- A GA or apostle will wear a colored shirt to speak in General Conference. (64%, 72 Votes)
- Ordaining women to the priesthood. (61%, 68 Votes)
- The word feminism will be used positively in General Conference. (57%, 64 Votes)
- Garments to be shortened to mid-thigh and cap sleeves removed for women. (55%, 62 Votes)
- Welcoming gay members to full fellowship if they are legally and lawfully married and monogamous. (53%, 59 Votes)
- The Word of Wisdom reverts to being a set of recommendations, not binding for temple entrance. (53%, 59 Votes)
- Garments replaced entirely with symbolic jewelry to demonstrate commitment and reminder of covenants, as a wedding ring does. (41%, 46 Votes)
- Welcoming gay members to full fellowship, including temple blessings and sealings. (39%, 44 Votes)
- Anything that comes from the prophet is OK by me. (25%, 28 Votes)
- Members commanded to gather to Zion. (12%, 13 Votes)
- Polygamy is re-introduced. (7%, 8 Votes)
Total Voters: 112