Fistfight at Church! Would Jesus Save Seats? (with poll)By: wheatmeister
According to a news report, an incident of saving seats in a crowded Sacrament Meeting resulted in a fistfight at church, and then one man hitting the other with his car. Read all about it here. From the article:
LDS Bishop Brett Ferrin said he was saddened by the fight. He said he was counseling both families and trying to bring his ward together. “This is a place of worship,” he said. “The bottom line is we have to come back to church next Sunday.” Ferrin said if there is a “teaching moment” to come from all of this, it is that “split-decisions affect the way we live” and there are consequences.
I think he means split-second decisions, not that people in the ward took a vote and were not unanimous on whether the guy should hit the other one with the car. “Any opposed?”
What's your opinion on seat saving at church? (Choose the best answer)
- People should not be allowed to save seats. Period. (40%, 29 Votes)
- People should only save a limited number of seats, up to two on either side of them. (22%, 16 Votes)
- There should be no restrictions on saving seats. (15%, 11 Votes)
- People should be allowed to save seats, but if the people they are saving for don't show up, we should beat the saver to a pulp. (11%, 8 Votes)
- People can only save seats if they have an item to go on the seat. If they run out of items, no more saved seats. (8%, 6 Votes)
- Converts and investigators should be able to save seats, but regular members should know better. (4%, 3 Votes)
Total Voters: 73
Whose side are you on? Discuss.