Church attrition is a big problem across all denominations, one that is discussed often in the bloggernacle. What should the church do to retain those who wish to resign?
What should the church do about member resignations? (choose your best answer)
- Consider changes that make the church more welcoming to diverse individuals. (40%, 51 Votes)
- Find better ways to support and reach out to people in friendship. (37%, 48 Votes)
- Keep the most orthodox members away from them. Crack down on judgmentalism and cultural imperialism. (17%, 22 Votes)
- Focus on more converts, and if people don't like the church as it is, maybe it's not for them. (4%, 5 Votes)
- Bid the apostates good riddance. They only bring us down and will never be satisfied. (2%, 3 Votes)
Total Voters: 129
What efforts have you seen that have been effective at helping people stay or come back? What efforts have you seen that have been ill-advised? Why?