False Doctrine Ahead (Weekend Poll)By: wheatmeister
We’ve all seen people preach false doctrine at times, in talks or lessons or elsewhere. What have you done about it? What did others do?
What should we do when a member teaches false doctrine? (choose the best answer)
- Point out the correct doctrine at the time to prevent people from misunderstanding or believing wrong information. (38%, 28 Votes)
- Talk to the person privately so they are not embarrassed and point out the mistake. (23%, 17 Votes)
- Depends. If it's folk doctrine that most in the ward believe, don't bother to correct it. (19%, 14 Votes)
- Tell the bishop so the member can be corrected by one in authority. (10%, 7 Votes)
- Do nothing; you don't want to offend someone. (10%, 7 Votes)
- Suggest that the person be removed from teaching in future. (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 73
What examples of false doctrine have you heard at church?