We’ve all seen people preach false doctrine at times, in talks or lessons or elsewhere. What have you done about it? What did others do?
What should we do when a member teaches false doctrine? (choose the best answer)
- Point out the correct doctrine at the time to prevent people from misunderstanding or believing wrong information. (38%, 28 Votes)
- Talk to the person privately so they are not embarrassed and point out the mistake. (23%, 17 Votes)
- Depends. If it's folk doctrine that most in the ward believe, don't bother to correct it. (19%, 14 Votes)
- Tell the bishop so the member can be corrected by one in authority. (10%, 7 Votes)
- Do nothing; you don't want to offend someone. (10%, 7 Votes)
- Suggest that the person be removed from teaching in future. (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 73
What examples of false doctrine have you heard at church?