This weekend marks a momentous occasion; for the first time ever, the Priesthood session will be broadcast live. Previously it has been only broadcast to Stake Centers and talks not made public until later, giving it an air of exclusivity and secrecy. This action is in response to the efforts of feminists to promote female Priesthood ordination in accordance with blessings promised to women in Mormon temples (although the timing for those blessings to be fulfilled is arguably in the hereafter).
What will these changes yield in terms of actual outcomes? Will women ever be ordained? Will Batman and Robin catch The Riddler? Stay Tuned.
What will be the short-term outcome of the PH session being broadcast live? (choose one)
- More men will watch overall, but fewer will go to the church to do so. (46%, 57 Votes)
- Nothing will change. Wards will still promote turnout by providing ice cream or other food. (24%, 30 Votes)
- Families will watch the session together. It will just add 2 hours to General Conference for all the rest of the members. (18%, 23 Votes)
- Fewer men will watch the session. (10%, 13 Votes)
- Young Men will no longer feel they are a part of something that is "cool" or "special." They will take their duties less seriously. (2%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 125
What will be the eventual outcome of the Ordain Women movement? (choose up to 2).
- While not ordained, women's roles will be expanded to include more voice and less oversight by men. More women will serve missions and be viewed as real leaders. (58%, 74 Votes)
- Women will eventually be ordained to the priesthood alongside men. (25%, 32 Votes)
- Further retrenchment and arguments in favor of gender essentialism. The PoF will be canonized. (24%, 30 Votes)
- Female attrition in the church will spike due to lack of progress. (18%, 23 Votes)
- Prominent feminists will be excommunicated. (15%, 19 Votes)
- The role of men will become less compelling resulting in some male attrition in the church while women step up to fill the gap. (3%, 4 Votes)
- Other (specify in comments). (2%, 3 Votes)
Total Voters: 127